The Secret to Making Healthy Living Easy

Total Health Blog | Easy Health Tips | Healthy Living | Healthy Lifestyle Tips | Easy Living | Happiness

Like many people, you probably believe that getting healthy is hard. This article is intended to challenge those beliefs, and will describe why your current beliefs about health may be the very thing holding you back from getting healthy. AND this article will explain why it is absolutely integral to your success that you MAKE being healthy easy.To make this secret work for you, you have to know a little about learned (or habitual) behaviour and evolution. In the game of life, the goal is always survival. As living organisms, we instinctually (that is, without total awareness or thinking) seek out means of life support (offense maneuver) so that we can keep all our senses alert for danger (defense measure).

So, you see, nature has made it easy for us to behave without conscious thought . We are naturally attracted to substances and activities which promote survival and we react negatively to whatever threatens our survival.

How did nature provide us a way to sense the difference between the two? Our feelings! Our emotional barometers tell us through pleasure that we’ve encountered something which supports life and the alarm for danger comes in the form of negative feelings, thoughts or physical reactions. Instinct is what has preserved the human species.

But in a developed society, life becomes more complicated than simply surviving. While our modern lifestyles and man-made conveniences give us extreme pleasure, many of them are completely unnatural with various consequences to the natural order of life. They interfere with our total health, impeding our biological functioning in almost imperceptible ways. Over time, and along with natural aging, the damage accumulates. A nudge into a telephone pole with your car won’t leave much of a dent, but keep nudging a thousand times over in that general area and boy, what a hole!

So while our instincts were meant to help us develop habits that promote health, many us we have instead learned unconscious behaviour that affects the smooth operations of our biological machine and expedites the aging process . We have to break the habits that are harming us and replace them with habits that promote health. The following secret will allow you to use your natural instincts to help you not only survive longer, but enjoy every minute of it.

The Secret

Bottom line: The secret to making healthy living easy is to find the pleasure in healthy alternatives.

Health is easy when you make it easy. When I was having trouble maintaining healthy habits and choices, I thought the harder I tried and the more sacrifice I made, the better and faster my results would be. But when I tried too hard, I pushed past my limits and ended up making it into an unpleasant experience, which we now know activates our instincts and we react negatively to it. And what did I do? Forget health, even though I knew (logically) it was better for me, and continue my highly pleasurable but harmful habits.

But I didn’t give up my quest for health because I believed in the benefits of health . I’ve experienced it before – when I was younger! What I I did give up on was my approach to health. I abandoned trying so hard to be perfect at healthy living and just tried to live the most healthful way I could at the time. When I started enjoying my healthy choices, they naturally became habits. After awhile I started noticing, along with others, that my healthy choices turned into a healthy lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment